Consultation has concluded
After receiving some fantastic input during the consultation Council some alterations have been made and the final design for the Footscray Park all abilities play space has been endorsed.
The changes that have been to the Concept Plan include:
- Setting the playground further back from the river at Melbourne Water’s request.
- Relocation of the water play area to allow for an increase in size and to connect it to the informal creek and grotto areas.
- Relocation of the public toilets adjacent to the play space rather than the carpark, to encourage longer stays, improved access and safety.
- Expansion of the active play spaces to provide for additional equipment.
- Concentration in the picnic facilities to two locations.
You can now view the final design on the right.