Why do we need a strategy?
Council two previous bicycle strategies focused on painted on road facilities with a limited connected network focus. Cycling across Maribyrnong has seen significant growth over the past 15 years. Community awareness of cycling benefits are increasing and the local community is calling for more cycling support particularly safer environments. This is evident in Council’s Annual Community Survey’s results of 2017 and 2018.
Maribyrnong’s transport system is heavily dependent on motor vehicles and this pressure can be alleviated by significantly investigating in bicycle infrastructure and safer connected bicycle networks.
How can I have my say?
To help shape the Draft Bicycle Strategy, Council would like to know the issues that affect the community.
Your feedback will help us to develop a stronger Strategy.
Complete our survey and share your ideas in our forum by December 20 2019 to go into the draw to have the opportunity to win one of two vouchers worth $500 towards a new bike (from Beasley’s Bicycles or the Bicycle Superstore) or one of 5 $200 bicycle services at the Inner West Bike Hub.
Hard copies of the survey are available on request at Customer Service Centres.
What happens next?
Public consultation on draft Strategy between November 16 – December 20 2019
Feedback incorporated and final Strategy submitted to Council for adoption February 2020.
What are the prize draw terms and conditions?
1. Council staff and Councillors are excluded from the prize draw.
2. Only one entry is permitted per person.
3. The winners will be randomly selected from survey participants who complete the online survey during the consultation period and elect to enter the prize draw.
4. The prize draw will take place after the consultation period has ended on 20 December 2019.
5. The prize winners will be notified via email.