Council is planning an upgrade to Martin Reserve dog off lead area as part of the Open Space Capital Works Program. The plan is based on our previous consultation with park users and expert advice on designing for dog behaviour.
The main features of the plan include:
- A fenced small /dog quiet zone along the south edge of the reserve
- A hard-wearing surface of granitic sand in the centre of the reserve for vigorous play
- Improved grass surface on the other runabout zones
- A dog agility zone together with mulched beds edged with logs and rock scrambles for dog agility and play
- Additional user guidelines and signage
- New seating and tree planting
Works are scheduled for late 2018. Some areas of the park will be closed to the public during construction, which should take approximately six weeks. We appreciate your patience when construction is underway.
Please refer to the Document Library for a detailed plan of the upgrades to be undertaken.