Consultation has concluded
In June this year Council sought your feedback on a draft plan for improvements to Scovell Reserve in Maidstone. You can view the consultation here.
The online survey had forty visits and thirteen responses and we received seven direct email responses to the draft plan.
Based on the feedback we received the Final Masterplan now includes:
- A new picnic shelter with barbecue facilities.
- A drinking fountain.
- An expanded playground with more challenging play equipment for a wider age range, including climbing and exercise equipment, a large basket swing and a range of creative nature play elements.
- A scooter/trike track around the perimeter of the playground.
- Additional seating and picnic settings.
- New tree planting and garden bed improvements.
- Improvements to park entries through signage.
- An upgrade of the existing gravel circuit pathway to become a consistent concrete surface.
- Pruning of perimeter tree planting to improve sightlines through the reserve.
You can download the Final Masterplan on the right of the screen.
Works begin later this year and will be finalised over the next 2 years. Your input has been really valuable in ensuring this great park will continue to meet the needs of our community.