Consultation has concluded
Council has resolved to progress a request for a combined amendment and planning permit application to facilitate a residential development at 53 Wattle Road and 34 George Street, Maidstone. The amendment is known as C158 and is accompanied by draft planning permit TP160.
The proposal affects 53 Wattle Road and 34 George Street, Maidstone, and the adjoining unformed road. It is currently zoned industrial and contains a warehouse building and vacant land.
Amendment C158 seeks to change the Maribyrnong Planning Scheme by rezoning the site from Industrial 3 Zone to General Residential Zone. It also seeks to apply an Environmental Audit Overlay to ensure the site is remediated before any residential use can occur.
The planning permit application TP160 includes:
- Demolition of the existing warehouse building
- Construction of 12 x 2 storey dwellings. The dwellings would be terrace style with a maximum height of 8 metres.
- Two car spaces for each dwelling.
- Planting of at least one canopy tree per dwelling, front garden to Wattle Road and landscaping along all street frontages.
- Requirement that the development construct and seal adjoining unmade road (George Street).
Council is seeking feedback on the proposed amendment and draft planning permit until Monday 7 December 2020.
For more information please see FAQs and Documents for further information.
Have your say
The proposed amendment, permit, plans and supporting information will be on exhibition and open for public comment from Friday 30 October – Monday 7 December 2020.
Submissions must be made in writing and received by 4pm on Monday 7 December 2020 and may be made:
- Online: Use the Submission form below
- Email: AmendmentC158@maribyrnong.vic.gov.au Subject heading: Amendment C158 and TP160
- By mail addressed to:
Maribyrnong City Council
Strategic Planning Amendment C158 and TP160
Strategic Planning team
PO Box 58, FOOTSCRAY 3011
Your submission is a public document. It will be made available online and to anyone who requests a copy, however your contact details will be removed.